A delicious, protein-rich dinner! Serve with a fresh salad for a complete meal!
Pork Medallions with Brandy Cream Sauce
A delicious, protein-rich dinner!
Write a review
- 3-3 ½ # boneless pork loin roast or leg roast
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 Tbsp chopped green onion
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup brandy
- ½ cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- Parsley for garnish
- Rub pork roast with black pepper.
- Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Roast at 325° until meat reaches 160° (allow 26-31 minutes per pound)
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine broth and green onion.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add whipping cream and brandy.
- Simmer, uncovered, over medium heat 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Add butter, one piece at a time, stirring constantly with wire whisk.
- Stir in lemon juice, salt and white pepper.
- To serve, slice meat across the grain into ½” slices.
- Serve with sauce on the side or poured over meat platter.
First Alternative Co-op https://firstalt.coop/