Apple Carnberry Quinoa
Write a review
- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¾ cup onion, minced
- 1 ½ cup apple, minced
- ¼ cup cranberries, chopped
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly in a fine-mesh strainer and put in a saucepan with 1 ½ cups water and ½ tsp salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, put on lid and cook covered for 15 minutes. Turn heat off and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Sauté onion in coconut oil until tender, add apple & cranberries. Reduce heat to low. Mix into cooked quinoa.
- Whisk together orange juice, curry powder, and maple syrup. Toss into quinoa along with chopped cilantro and hazelnuts. Combine well.
First Alternative Co-op https://firstalt.coop/