This delicious pie highlights berry season and makes a perfect finish to your meal!
Berry Cream Pie
This delicious pie highlights berry season and makes a perfect finish to your meal.
Write a review
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 20 min
- 1 cup sprouted spelt flour
- ¼ cup hazelnuts
- ¼ cup butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp turbinado
- ½ tsp cinnamon
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz. Nancy’s cream cheese
- ½ cup yogurt
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla.
- ¾ cup water
- 1 Tbsp tapioca flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup berries
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until chunky.
- Add cold water by tablespoon, running mixer between each one, until dough forms.
- Transfer to pie pan and press to the edges for an even crust.
- Cover with foil and beans to prevent bubbles.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool and fill with cream cheese filling and berry glaze (see directions below).
Berry Glaze Directions
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Simmer until glaze becomes clear.
- Remove from heat and cool.
Cream Cheese Filling Directions
- Blend filling ingredients with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Gently spread cream cheese filling over bottom of cooled pie shell.
- Top with berries and finish with glaze.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.
First Alternative Co-op https://firstalt.coop/