We recently asked George Brown, the North Store’s Grocery/Bulk Assistant Manager to give us a rundown of what the Co-op’s Bulk department has in the way of products that will help encourage winter wellness. Here’s the tip of the iceberg:
The World Health Organization defines probiotics as “live micro-organisms which, when administered in adequate amounts, confer a health benefit to the host.” Microscopic superheroes of the gut, is how look at them. Get in good with your guts by trying these.
• Organic Misos
• Organic Pickled Planet Krauts and Kim Chee
• Picklopolis fermented Garlic Dill Pickles
Smoothies are a quick, easily digestable, and delicious way to get your nutrients. They’re also a great and fun way to get expand picky young palates. Try some of these health-boosting add-ins with your next smoothie.
• Raw Camu Camu (from the camu berry, one of nature’s best sources of vitamin C)
• Raw Acai
• Raw Mesquite (high in protein and soluble fiber, and I swear it doesn’t taste like barbeque)
• Raw Wheatgrass Powder
• Organic Chia Seeds
• Bee Pollen (loaded with proteins, vitamins, and free amino acids)
• Hemp Seeds
• Organic Raw Cacao Powder
• Organic Raw Cacao Nibs (both nibs and powder are chock full of antioxidants)
• Super Food Smoothie Mix
• Organic Coconut Oil (okay, this isn’t actually in the smoothie section, but it’s great in a smoothie)
Frozen Berries (great for smoothies!)
They taste great, they’re loaded with vitamins, and they’ll make your smoothie nice and cold.
Medicinal Herbal Tea
Keep yourself warm and get a caffeine-free pick-me-up with any of these great loose herbal tea blends.
• Organic Chamomile
• Organic Ginger
• Organic Hibiscus
• Organic Licorice
• Organic Rosehips
• Organic Peppermint
George also mentioned that a lot more great medicinal teas will be coming to Bulk soon. We’ll be sure to let you know when they arrive!