COVID-19 Information & Updates
As our community works together to navigate this time, we want to make sure that you can stay up-to-date with the latest changes and information regarding First Alternative Co-op and our store operations. We want to thank you for your continued support and understanding as we work diligently to provide the safest shopping experience for our customers.
Store Guidelines & Changes
- Face coverings are welcome but not required at the Co-op in accordance with the lifting of the indoor mask mandate by the State of Oregon and Benton County. If you feel safer shopping with a mask, please do! We continue to offer pick-up services for those who are at higher risk or immunocomprised. Please visit firstalt.coop/order for more information on this service.
- Beans 4 Bags tokens have been removed from all registers. Recipient organizations for this quarter will have the donation amount divided evenly between them.
- One case limit on special orders of the following packaged items: beans, pasta, tomato products, cereal, olive oil, canned or frozen fruit and vegetables, toilet paper, paper towels, and sanitizing products (as soon as they are available.)
- The public meeting rooms and seating areas next to the deli at both stores will also remain closed until further notice. We are opening outdoor eating areas as space allows at both stores.
- Our maintenance team is sanitizing the store (along with storage areas, break rooms, and offices) multiple times per day. This includes wiping down basket and cart handles, doors handles, restrooms, registers, work spaces, and any other commonly used spaces and items.
- Hand sanitizers and disposable gloves are available at all entrances and in locations where food is served.