Elected by First Alternative Co-op Owners and tasked with representing their interests, the Board of Directors is responsible for directing the Co-op’s affairs and making decisions regarding its future course.
As representatives of the Owners, the Board:
1) establishes overall policies and objectives
2) sets financial goals and approves major financial transactions
3) selects the General Manager and evaluates his/her performance
4) reviews and approves budgets
5) guides the long-term vision of the Co-op through its Ends Statements.
Board meetings are held the last Tuesday of each month at 6 pm. Each meeting begins with a ten-minute period for Owner comments. Questions? Comments? Contact the Co-op Board at [email protected]