Homemade Bean Chili
A perfect recipe for the start of fall. Beans are a great protein substitute and this recipe makes for a hearty dinner for four.
Write a review
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2-1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 cans Field Day beans, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp.-1 Tbsp. cayenne
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp.-1 Tbsp. bulk Mexican seasoning
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
- *optional addition: cooked ground beef or chopped tempeh
- In a saucepan, saute onion and pepper in olive oil until onion is clear
- In a medium pot, add the corn, beans and tomatoes
- Add sauteed vegetables to the pot
- Stir in all of the seasonings
- Cook on low-medium heat for 15 mins., stirring occasionally.
- Serve in bowls and top with fresh cilantro
- Enjoy with Carmen's Tortilla chips or homemade corn bread.
First Alternative Co-op https://firstalt.coop/