Add more pie your life! In celebration of Pi Day, we wanted to share a tried and true pizza pie recipe!
Margarita Bacon Pizza
If you’re wondering how to get more pie in your life, we have the answer for you. Whether it’s flour, yeast and oil from bulk, locally made dough from the cooler, or a take & bake pizza from the freezer, we have options for every palate, diet and time. One of my favorites is the Margarita with bacon, a combination I learned to love when working at American Dream Pizza. You, too, can create this masterpiece…and it goes with almost any type of beer!
Write a review
- 1 Big River Pizza Crust, rolled thin
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, separated
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup basil, sliced into thin ribbons
- Heat a pizza stone in a 450° oven.
- Put a healthy layer of cornmeal on a cutting board or pizza paddle and roll out the crust.
- Mix olive oil, 1 clove garlic, and herbs and rub over crust.
- Top with cheese, bacon, tomatoes and remaining garlic.
- Cook until light golden and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and add basil.
- optional: Enjoy with a local BEER!
First Alternative Co-op https://firstalt.coop/