Airlie Red ApplesauceJulia Lont2018-02-08T14:26:57-08:00
Airlie Red Applesauce
This local heirloom apple has an exciting pink flesh that makes a naturally colorful and flavorful applesauce!
6 Airlie Red apples
2 Tbsp. honey, maple syrup, or sugar
1/2 to 1 cup water
1. Peel, quarter, and core apples, and put into large pot.
2. Add 1/2 cup water to start the apples steaming.
3. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until you are able to mash the apples with a spoon.
4. Add more water as needed during cooking process.
5. Add desired sweetener to taste.