Rich chocolate cake rolled up with mocha cream filling makes a decorative and decadent treat!
4 large organic eggs, separated
¾ cup organic sugar, divided
2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup organic Baker’s Choice flour
1/3 cup organic cocoa powder
2 Tbsp cornstarch
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
3 Tbsp powdered sugar
4 tsp Grouphead Stacked Espresso Concentrate
1 cup heavy whipping cream
12 – 100% Chocolate Liquor disks, grated
2 Tbsp powdered sugar
For the Cake:
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with parchment paper, allowing paper to overlap edges of pan (this makes it easier to pull the cake out later). Set aside.
3. Beat egg whites in bowl at high speed until foamy. Gradually add ½ cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
4. In small bowl combine flour, cocoa, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
5. In a mixer bowl, beat egg yolks, ¼ cup sugar and vanilla until frothy.
6. Fold 1/3 of the beaten egg whites into egg yolk mixture.
7. Alternately fold in remaining whites and flour mixture.
8. Pour batter into pan and smooth top.
9. Bake about 15 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched in center.
10. Dust a cotton towel (not terrycloth) with 3 Tbsp powdered sugar.
11. Turn hot cake out onto prepared cloth. Carefully remove parchment.
12. Roll cake up in towel, beginning with the short side, tightly roll up cake with cloth.
13. Cool completely on wire rack, wrapped in towel.
For the filling:
1. Beat whipping cream at high speed until soft peaks form.
2. Gradually add 2 Tbsp powdered sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
3. Fold in Grouphead and grated chocolate.
4. Carefully unroll cake. Spread filling over cake.
5. Re-roll cake without the towel.
6. Sprinkle cake with 2 Tbsp powdered sugar and place, seam-side down, on serving plate.
7. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
8. To serve, cut into ¾-1” slices.