Crock Pot Chuck RoastJulia Lont2018-01-10T12:06:37-08:00
Crock Pot Chuck Roast
Slow-cooked to tender, moist, savory perfection, this easy-to-make meal is great to come home to!
2# chuck roast
¼ cup wheat-free tamari
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
1 cup beef broth
½ cup red wine, optional
1 ¾ tsp. salt, divided
¼ tsp cracked black pepper
2 sprigs fresh thyme
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 medium onions, quartered
1# carrots, peeled and left whole
2# small red potatoes, unpeeled and left whole
3 Tbsp flour (okay to use Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour)
5 Tbsp cold water
1. Combine roast, tamari, garlic, beef broth and 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large zip-top bag.
2. Seal bag; marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
3. Remove roast from bag; pour marinade into slow cooker and set on low.
4. Sprinkle roast with 1 tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper.
5. Place onions, carrots, potatoes and herbs in marinade. Sprinkle with ¾ tsp salt.
6. Heat oil in large skillet on med-high heat; add roast and brown on all sides (about 15 seconds per side).
7. Place roast on top of vegetables. Cover and cook 8 hours or until meat and veggies are tender.
8. Place roast and veggies on a serving platter and keep warm.
9. Transfer liquid to a saucepan or skillet.
10. Mix flour and water until well blended. Pour slowly into liquid, stirring constantly.
11. Cook, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with salt & pepper as desired.