A perfect fresh fruit pie for berry season! Choose a crust that suits your dietary needs to make this recipe gluten-free, dairy-free, or vegan.
Pre-baked, cooled pie shell
3 pints fresh strawberries
1 cup sugar (or 1/4 cup agave)
2 Tbsp + 1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 cup cold water
1. Measure 1 cup strawberries and mash until pulpy.
2. In a saucepan, mix cold water & cornstarch until smooth.
3. Add sugar; mix. Add strawberries; stir.
4. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture boils. Boil 1 minute; remove from heat.
5. Let cool 10-15 minutes.
6. Cut remaining strawberries in half and arrange them inside the pie shell.
7. Pour cooled glaze over top and refrigerate until set.