Spice up your breakfast table with this hearty dish or enjoy it for lunch or dinner!
Olive oil, divided
1 cup minced onion
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 – 14 oz. can Fire Roasted Tomatoes, with juice
1 – 4 oz. can green chiles, drained
½ tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/8 tsp ground coriander
¼ cup ripe olives, sliced
1 green bell or poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
4 corn tortillas
1 small avocado, sliced
1 cup Queso Fresco cheese, grated
Cilantro, for garnish
1. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in large skillet.
2. Cook onion and garlic over medium heat, until softened.
3. Add tomatoes, chiles, salt & pepper, coriander, olives and green/poblano pepper.
4. Bring to boil. Reduce to low and simmer uncovered 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. If sauce becomes too dry add a small amount of water or tomato sauce.
6. In a small skillet heat oil to a depth of 1/8”. Over medium-high heat fry tortillas, one at a time, turning over halfway through, until firm. Drain well.
7. Make 4 hollows in the tomato sauce. Drop 1 egg in each hollow and cook to desired finish.
8. Serve with crisped tortillas, and garnish with avocado, cheese, cilantro and lime wedges.