This recipe is a fun and delicious way to experience eggplant. Great in a pita or try it on a bun.
1 can pureed pumpkin
1 cup tightly packed, peeled, shredded raw eggplant
¼ cup diced red onion
½ cup chopped sweet pepper
2 eggs beaten
1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
1 ½ tsp salt
1 ½ cup flour, divided
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp oregano
4 Tbsp olive oil
1. Combine ¾ cup flour, garlic salt and oregano to make seasoned flour, set aside.
2. In another bowl, combine pumpkin, eggplant, onion, peppers, egg, sage, salt, and remaining flour.
3. Grease cookie sheet and dust with seasoned flour. Place scoops of dough onto sheet and flatten to form patties. Sprinkle seasoned flour over top. Bake 20 minutes at 350°. Flip patties and bake 10 more minutes.
4. Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a skillet, brown patties. Turn patties over, adding 2 Tbsp more oil and brown on second side.
5. Top with cheese. Serve in a pita with lettuce & tomatoes.