This flavorful and hearty thanksgiving staple is made with bread, seasonings and herbs.
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp. dried sage (or 2 tsp. fresh sage)
9 cups dried bread cubes
1-2 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
1 cup celery, diced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup raisins
1. Melt butter in skillet.
2. Saute celery and onion until onion is translucent.
3. Add seasonings, then eggs, stirring constantly.
4. Add bread cubes and mix.
5. Add broth until stuffing is of desired consistency.
6. Add raisins to taste. Chill.
7. Serve warm by reheating in a greased pan at 350F for 45 minutes. Or, stuff into a turkey for roasting.