Veggie Kabobs with Pesto AioliJulia Lont2017-11-27T15:34:30-08:00
Veggie Kabobs with Pesto Aioli
A rainbow of grilled fresh vegetables on skewers, served with a zesty basil-packed pesto aioli.
Veggie Kabob Ingredients
12 bamboo skewers (10″)
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 red bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 medium sweet onion, cut in small wedges
2 medium zucchini, cut diagonally into 1 1/2″ pieces
3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
Pesto Aioli Ingredients
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. chopped almonds
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/8 tsp. salt
1. Soak skewers in water for ten minutes.
2. Place toothpicks in onion wedges to keep layers together.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in large skillet.
4. Saute onion on med-high heat until tender-crisp. Let cool.
5. Skewer all veggies, remove toothpicks.
6. Mix 2 Tbsp. olive oil, salt & black pepper. Brush mixture over vegetables.
7. Grill over medium heat, turning after 5-6 minutes. Cook until veggies reach desired finish.
8. For Pesto Aioli, place remaining ingredients in food processor.
9. Process until smooth, occasionally scraping sides. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.